Thursday 26 March 2015

Evaluation: Question One 


In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions or real media products? 

Short Film

when creating my short film, I believe that I used and challenged forms and conventions of real media products but in my own ways. when creating my own film I believed that it was important to challenge some of the conventions to show that my own film has my own twist to it. when it came to the planning of my short film I researched into many different genres of film such as horror and comedy to get an idea of how they relate to the audience and storyline. although after this research was complete I decided to follow the genre of Drama as I believe that it matched my films storyline better than anything else. although I did not create a horror or comedy film, my research was still useful on helping me get an understanding on target audience and what to look out for.

my short film also challenged forms and conventions of real media products as I decided to create my own production company at the start of the film. my production company was called 'Green Wave Pictures'

To create this opening to my film I went down to my school science department and asked one of the physics teachers if there was any way that we could make a pulse machine like you would see in a hospital next to a patients bed that I could film for the start of my product.

To do this my teacher found a very old machine that when working  created a green pulse across the screen. to do this we had to place a magnet through a box connected to the device causing the wave to jump up and down. I turned the lights off and filmed up close the pulse jumping up and down whilst he put the magnet in and out of the box. this was a huge success and I am glad that I have it at the start of my film as I feel that it makes my film look more professional.



Film Article Page

when I started putting my article page together I decided that I would try to follow the same conventions of an article page rather than challenge them. from this I knew that my article page would at least look professional and be a success. like many article pages that I looked at in my planning  I started by putting the title of my film (Lucky Dip) at the top of the page overlapping my main image.

I also wrote out two Columbus of text about the narrative and a teaser of plot of my short films plot so that the audience would be hooked and want to watch the film to find out what happens. along with the Columbus of writing about the main plot of my story, I also decided to create some small boxes to fill in the empty spaces telling the audience about how they can 'Write their own review' or about when the film is expected to be released.


Film Poster 

when creating my film poster I tried to match it to the conventions of a real life poster as I wanted it to look as professional as possible. I feel that from the final production of my poster, this works really well.





As you can see from my completed film poster, I have tried to follow the conventions of a film poster as best as possible. I have the age rating down in the bottom right hand corner with the production company and website for views to read on further (find my article page) and the bold black title at the top on the lottery ticket 'Lucky Dip' I tried not to add a lot of text on to my front cover as I wanted the main image to attract an audience towards it causing them to want to go and see my film to find out what this girl has got to do with the lottery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment