Thursday 26 March 2015

Evaluation - Question Two


How effective is the combination of your main products and ancillary texts? 

I believe that the combination of my main product (short film) and the ancillary texts (film poster and article page) all combine together successfully. The basis of my whole film revolves around the lottery so the main reason I feel that the combination of all three products were a success is due to the fact that they all show something resembling the lottery on each of them. 

For example my short film title is 'Luck Dip' this relates to the lottery as you can choose a lucky dip lottery ticket. The poster for my film shows my character holding a lottery ticket to the camera and the article has the blue lottery logo inbetween the words 'Lucky' and 'Dip' with a salmon pink background, the same colour as a lottery ticket showing that they all share similarities.

Also on my poster where you see the character holding up her winning ticket, she looks unhappy and almost annoyed and dark due to one side of her face being slightly covered. This is effective as it fits in with the tragic events that occur in my film when she finds out the ticket is ruined. If someone was to see this poster on the street they would instantly know it was about the lottery because of the ticket being held up to the camera, but not why she looks so unhappy, causing them to want to go and view the film and find out what happens. 




If I could do anything differently I would maybe think about changing the title to something a little less obvious, although I did ask a girl who watched my film right at the start where the title appears whether she knew what that meant and she said no so I think I just about get away with it until the audience realise that the lottery is involved from the small hints such as the panning down from the logo outside the shop and the purchasing of the ticket or the watching of the draw on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment