Thursday 26 March 2015

My Target audience and Genre 


It is tricky when trying to establish what particular genre my short film falls in to as there are no scary, funny or dramatic thriller scenes throughout. If I had to choose a genre for my short film I would probably say it relates to 'Drama' as it is about the unfortunate events that happen throughout a persons day that could also happen to many other people in real life.

The target audience for my film 'Lucky Dip' I expect to be aimed more at younger people as they can relate more to my main character who is also young. Furthermore I am confident when I say that the majority of people in their lives have at least once thought about what it would be like to win the lottery and never have to work or stress about money problems again. Lucky Dip takes this thought and turns it into reality as my character ends up winning the jackpot.

My film is rated a 12A due to the fact that it is about the lottery which in some ways is a form of gambling. However I wouldn't expect the target audience for my film to be the ages of 12 but maybe 15 - 30. 12 year olds are less likely to think about money and gambling unlike a 15 or 30 year olds that dream about buying video games or expensive cars and clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment