Thursday 26 March 2015

Planning my short film

Locations: Main Location

The main location of my film will take place inside the characters house where we will see her inside of her bedroom alone watching the television and other rooms such as the bathroom and kitchen as she gets ready for work.
The street and driveway will also play an important role in my film as I hope to start the film with my character driving down her road and parking outside of her house ready to go inside. From this scene later on when it gets dark I will have another actor walk along the pavement until he stops next to the car, looks inside and steals it. 

Other Locations: 

There are a few other locations that I will use in my short film that will not be visited again by my character once they have have been already used and seen by the audience. These will be places like the train station on they way to where my character works, and the shop in which she will buy some food and a lottery ticket. 

Actors/Actresses 

In my short film I will have only one main character that we will follow the whole way through. The actor will be my cousin (Jessica aged 20) who will be portrayed to the audience as an only child who lives at home with her Mom and Dad and has a job at a pub. I will use my cousin as an actor because of reasons such as she can drive so I would be able to experiment filming in a moving vehicle, she is only young with a boring job so like most young people she dreams of being rich and never having to work again matching the plot of my story where she purchases a lottery ticket and ends up winning. 

I will also have a male character that we will only see when he is about to steal my main characters car in the middle of the night when she is asleep. To play this character I will use my uncle (Jessica's dad) as he will be there and available for me to use. 

Props and costume 

The main props that I will use in my short film will be:

A car - this is the first thing that the audience will will see being driven home by my character and parked outside her house until the night time where it will be stolen and revealed to my character as she leaves in the morning to go to work. 

Lottery ticket and lottery draw clip - for this main scene in my film I will use the Internet on an Xbox linked up to the TV to go onto YouTube and find an old lottery draw from the past to play on the screen as if it is actually on TV as my character turns on her telly. I will then purchase a lottery ticket with the numbers from that draw so it will appear to my audience that my character has actually won the lottery. 

Costume

we will see my character in costumes such as baggy casual clothes during the day time, her dressing gown in the morning when she wakes up and her work clothes with a jacket over the top. The jacket is the main item of my characters costume throughout my whole film as this will be the jacket that she places into the washing machine an forgets to remove the lottery ticket from the pocket before she turn it on. 

Dialogue 

My short film will have very little dialogue. This can be risky but I feel that having no dialogue the whole way though helps the audience understand the loneliness and emotion that my character feels.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Xbox Customer ServiceThanks for sharing such an amazing article. I really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete